Geospatial Information Technology
|Starting Date||September 2022|
|Tuition Fee:||38000 RMB/year|
|Duration of Study||2 Years|
|Application Fee||300 USD|
The MSc program in Geospatial Information Technology includes the following specializations:
The study year at WHU starts during the summer term:
Summer term: September-January
Winter term:February – July
The vacation between terms starts in July and lasts two months.
Generally the MSc programme lasts two years, but is not to exceed four years.
To obtain an MSc degree, the students are required to earn 36 credits in the Wuhan University Credit System (of which at least 26 are for degree courses, 10 are for the Master’s Thesis).
There is no fixed amount of credits required each semester. If the students select more courses, they can earn more credits.
One credit in the Wuhan University Credits System corresponds to 18 hours of classes.
A written thesis must be submitted and be defended in a colloquium.
(1) The Master's Thesis will be supervised by one WHU supervisor.
(2) A thesis proposal must be submitted at least half a year before defence. A committee will review this proposal to determine if the subject is appropriate and whether the topic is relevant to the field of study. If the committee does not see any value in the chosen topic, the thesis will not be approved.
(3) A status report must be submitted to the supervisor every three months after thesis work begins. The status report must provide a summary of the work that has already been done and also must give an outlook on the anticipated outcome together with a schedule for the time until submission.
(4) The Master’s Thesis must be defended in a colloquium at WHU. A master candidate must submit an application for an area of study:
Curriculum in Geospatial Information Technology
For the specialization the following courses are mandatory:
- Advanced Topics on Remote Sensing
- Signal Processing and Analysis
- Integrated Navigation Systems
- Spatial Database Management
- Spatial Data Structures and Algorithms
*The above information is for reference only.