1. Program Overview
International students undertaking this program will
· Be provided with a consolidating foundation in natural science, materials science, and engineering;
· Develop a sound grasp of the technologies of materials and devices design, manufacturing, and testing, both in traditional industries and innovative high-tech industries;
· Master the theory and technical skills in the application of materials, and establish a solid foundation for further study and higher degrees;
· Advance their professional practices attitudes and skills, underpinned by a deep knowledge of related scientific theories, an innovative perspective and competence, a capacity for independent research and problem-solving, and consolidate an international competitive advantage based on enterprising spirit, and global vision;
· Acquire, through theory and practice, cross-cultural literacy and, improved proficiency in English, and enhanced Chinese language skills.
2. Program Special Features
(1) It is a well-designed teaching and training system that combines experience from world class universities and the excellence of education based on Chinese Characteristics.
(2) It provides a deep and high-quality focus on innovation in material science that is based on the essential theories of relationship between micro structure and performance of materials.
3. Main Courses
Analytic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Structural Chemistry, Solid Physics, Thermodynamics and Statistical Physics, Materials Mechanics, Fundamentals of Materials Science, Physical Properties of Materials, Modern Methods for Materials Characterization and Analysis, Materials Calculation and Simulation, Materials Selection and Design, Fundamentals of Materials Processing.
4. Degree Awarded
Bachelor's Degree of Engineering
5. Career Prospects
(1) Graduates will possess the capabilities needed to work both in traditional industries and innovative high-tech industries. They will also be equipped to establish a solid foundation for further study and higher degrees.
(2) Employment Rate: 100%