Environmental Science and Engineering
|Starting Date||September 2023|
|Tuition Fee:||24800 RMB/year|
|Duration of Study||3 Years|
|Application Fee||150 USD|
2. Graduates will enter the best graduate programs and engage in life-long learning with an understanding of their professional and ethical responsibility;
3. Graduates will start-up and grow their own firms, and promote technology innovations and environmental sustainability;
4. Graduates will become recognized experts and leaders in professional societies, government, consulting firms, and academic institutes.
The educational system for master’degree is 3 years, which is no more than 5 years. As for exceptional students could apply to graduate earlier.
This program is designed for applicants who wish to extend their knowledge of environmental science. Enrollment Target is completion of a recognized Bachelor Degree in: Environmental Science; Material Science, or Environmental Engineering (or equivalent qualifications and/or professional experience).
The environmental science and engineering focus on environmental issues, and positively explore environmental problems that is closely related with national and global environmental science and technology development. The master of environmental science program offers three field of study:
a) environmental materials and catalysis
b) water pollution control engineering
c) environmental ecology and toxicology
Our course offering in the three fields of study cover a broad range of topic designed to prepare students for a career as an environmental professional.
The master of environmental science program provides an academic platform for individuals interested in acquiring the knowledge necessary to contribute to discovering environmentally-sound solutions.
Please refer to the curriculums plan for postgraduate program in Environmental Science and Engineering of Zhejiang Normal University.
Please refer to《Introduction to scheme of postgraduate program for academic degree in Zhejiang Normal University》.
Training mode and method
Clarify specific postgraduate training mode and method, put forward professional characteristic training measures; make it clear about the ways and forms of teaching methods and scientific research training.
(1) The postgraduate education generally implement the tutor system, but also can take the combination collective training of tutor and the guide team .In order to strengthen technical exchanges with domestic and foreign universities, and strengthen cooperation between enterprises, the dean can hire outside experts for our college part-time master's tutor and mentor cooperation.
(2) Teaching covers different directions of research and subjects include geography, environment, biology, chemistry, economics, computer technology, etc..
(3) Combining theory with practice、putting same importance on learning and paper work、making classroom teaching and practice combined, so then let the graduate students master the basic method of the professional basic theory, professional knowledge and basic methods of scientific research, and they can have a certain amount of experimental skills, innovation ability and deal with production practice. Last focus on training and developing the comprehensive analysis ability of the graduate students.
(4) Combine concentrated teaching and self-study. The forms of self-study: arrangement of reference books and submit self-summary. Encourage graduate students to carry out reading, discussion and academic salon so as to improve their expressive ability, self-learning ability and writing ability.
The basic requirements of academic activities
Students must complete all academic work in a master’s degree or certificate program within 3 years, who need participate in academic seminars, academic reports and other academic activities. Students should complete at least 10 academic activities (academic lectures, academic seminars, conferences and etc.), before the end of the school, it will be evaluated by the supervisor.
The ability and level of scientific research
At the completion of this program, students will have:
1. a deep understanding the technology applied in environmental science and engineering
2. a knowledge of contemporary environmental issues
3. the theoretical and technical knowledge of environmental science and engineering
4. the ability to conduct research, development and design in the environmental field.
5. an ability to identify, formulate, and solve environmental science and engineering problems
Degree thesis and degree conferment
1. Standard requirements
Please refer to 《Format standard of postgraduate degree thesis in Zhejiang Normal University (revision)》.
2. Quality requirements
Degree thesis requires accurate topic, literature review, experiment data, logicality, conclusion and references. On the premise of thesis words, time arrangement such as opening report, mid-term review (or pre defense) and oral defense arranges.
(1) The degree thesis topic has reality or study background, study status at home and abroad, scientific method, novel viewpoint, original opinion, strict logicality, complete structure, the elaboration of theory and policy perspectives can justify.
(2) The whole degree thesis should reflect the: “five points”, and can accurately summarized thesis topics (Research) involved the necessary basic theory, latest results and dynamic research state. The main content and main viewpoints can reflect the latest research results and innovation in this field, and reflect the actual level of postgraduates to discover problems, analyze and solve problems.
(3) A degree thesis requires about 3~5 million words, the reference is no less than 50, which include foreign language no less than 10, with an open mind to accept the tutor or mentor group’s modifications.
(4) The opening of mid-term examination, pre-defense and oral defense will be officially scheduled by the graduate Office.