|Starting Date||September 2023|
|Tuition Fee:||20000 RMB/year|
|Duration of Study||4 Years|
|Application Fee||150 USD|
The objective of the program (i.e., B.A. in Economics) is to making students to acquire the solid professional basic knowledge and understand basic theories of Economics, helping them to firmly grasp the modern economic analysis methods and tools, and be familiar with the China’s economic development and its reform practice. After graduation of the program, students should have an international vision, and be able to engaged in various kinds of work such as economic analysis, forecast, planning and investment management in the government departments at all levels, economic policy research departments, financial institutions, multinational corporations and various enterprises in China and students’ own countries.
2 Admission requirements
(1) English IELTS score should not be less than 6.0, or TOEFL score should not be less than 75, or pass the English Entrance Test organized by JUFE. (2) Mathematics Students should have acquired the mathematical knowledge and mastered certain mathematical tools at high school level, such as Algebra, Geometry, etc
3 Training characteristics
(1) Focusing on foundation The courses of Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Mathematical Economics, Institutional Economics, International Economics, Development Economics, Intermediate Microeconomics, Intermediate Macroeconomics and other major optional courses will lay a profound foundation of economic theories for students, which helps them to understand the principles and mechanisms of economic operation and master the basic analysis methods and skills of Economics.
(2) Focusing on Diversity The platform courses such as Principles of Management, Accounting, Money and Banking and other platform optional courses will broaden the professional knowledge structure of students. To master some basic core courses of related majors and gain more diversity, students can enhance their employment abilities, expand employment channels and obtain more development opportunities.
(3) Focusing on Applications The major courses such as China's Economic Development: Practice and Theory, Resources and Environment Economics and other major optional courses will enhance students' understanding of China's economic development, improving students' ability to find the reasons of economic and social change and analyze the effects of economic policies.
(4) Focusing on Practice The major courses such as Econometrics and Intermediate Econometrics will strengthen students' ability of empirical analysis on economic data and practical cases.
According to the employment situation of the past graduates of the program B.A. in Economics, the graduates of this major are expected to be engaged in various kinds of work such as economic analysis, forecast, planning and investment management in the government departments at all levels, economic policy research departments, financial institutions, multinational corporations and various enterprises in China and students’ own countries
5 Degree structure
The length of B.A. in Economics is 4 years, but it could be flexible. Students can graduate in advance if they have completed the required credits and have completed the training program, but the length of schooling shall not be less than 3 years. Those who have not completed the credits or completed the training program could choose to extend their study, but the length of schooling shall not exceed 6 years. Students are allowed to start up their own businesses, while JUFE can keep their names on the books. Students who have met the requirements for graduation will be granted a Bachelor's degree of Arts in Economics (i.e., B.A. in Economics).
6 Core courses
Core courses include: Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Econometrics, Mathematical Economics, Institutional Economics, Principles of Management, Accounting, Money and Banking, Public Finance, International Economics, Development Economics, China's Economic Development: Practice and Theory, Intermediate Microeconomics, Intermediate Macroeconomics, Intermediate Econometrics, Resources and Environment Economics, etc.
7 Requirements for graduation
Students of this program shall study various courses according to the requirements of the training program. The minimum credits of this program are 120 for graduation. For the credit requirement and distribution of each course module, please refer to Table 1.