Safety tips:

Studying at Dalian city is safe, however do not let your guard down. First of all, do not carry too much money with you. For identification in Dalian City or in the Campus all you need to bring is your student ID card and a copy of your passport. Make sure to turn off all electrical powered equipment before you leave your room and be sure to keep you valuables in your room.
When traveling, pay attention to traffic safety. In China the right lane is the right of passage.
If anything is to happen out of campus, call the police and the international teachers immediately.

Emergency Contacts:
Police Department: 110
Fire Department: 119
Traffic Department: 122
Medical Department: 120

Dormitory Stay:

For students who will be staying in dormitory must act according to the dormitory policies.
During your studies, students who change their contact information (address, phone number, E-mail) must notify the teacher. Teachers will notify the students of any important notice or event through contact methods and in case of an emergency, teachers will be able to help.

On Campus Facilities:

Students may dine at cafeterias and canteens on campus. There are also restaurants however, the price is expensive. Convenient stores and shops are located on campus, where students can buy food and daily necessities. Service facilities are located around the “47 Square”. If you can't find it, you can look at maps of the campus.

Monetary and Banking:

In China the currency being used is RenMinBi (RMB). The currency unit are “Yuan”. 
Yuan are known as Dollars from the U.S.
The banknotes are 100, 50, 20, 10, 5, 2 and 1 Yuan.

Currency Exchange:

Pounds, Hong Kong dollar, US dollar, euro, Japanese yen, Canadian dollar, Australian dollar, and other foreign currency can be converted into RMB. Bank of China’s self-service ATM machines and China Construction Bank self-service ATM machine are located near the supermarket on campus, you can check the renminbi exchange and deposit business. Please do not exchange money on street, as there could be economic loss. Money exchanging will require a passport. If there are any specific problems, Banks are located in Lushun. Bank of China, China Construction Bank of China, the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Agricultural Bank of China can help with deposits, withdrawals and business. Opening an account will require your passport. In the banks, Foreign currencies such as pounds sterling, Hong Kong dollar, US dollar, euro, Japanese yen, Canadian dollar, Australian Dollar and the euro Total of 7 single currency can be directly deposited. The exact location of the Banks can be found on the map of Campus or the map of Beijing.