|Duration of Study
The major of Mechanical Engineering (ME) is a specialized master program of Zhejiang Normal University. It is a comprehensive discipline of computer science and technology, mechanical engineering and electrical automation. It involves computer simulation technology, automatic control technology, precision manufacturing technology, detection technology, electromechanical transmission technology, Mechanical bionic technology and many other areas of emerging technologies.
1. The master students should be law-abiding, have good moral quality and strong dedication, and have physical and mental health.
2. Through the training, graduates should have firm and broad basic theory and in-depth professional knowledge in the field of Mechanical engineering, have the ability to undertake independent scientific research or advanced electromechanical engineering work, possess stronger practice ability and certain innovation ability.
3. Master a foreign language to read the foreign literature of this field, enable to communicate and write with English, and have a certain amount of research results with high quality to be published.
4. The goal of this program is to train the postgraduates to be high-quality, high-level engineering and management personnel with practical ability in the field of Mechanical engineering.
5. Have good scientific research quality, including team spirit, dedication and spirit of seeking truth from facts.
6. The postgraduates are expected to solve complex Mechanical engineering problems by scientific methods and advanced technologies after the training.
Length of the Program
The normal length is 3 years and cannot be longer than 5 years. Students should complete course studies in the first academic year, and finish research work and master dissertation before the end of the third academic year. For exceptional students, they could apply to graduate earlier.
ME focuses on Intelligent Driving and Control Technology of Precision Machinery, Testing Theory and Technology, Manufacturing and industrial robots, Advanced materials and forming technology, Fluid dynamics technology, etc..
Please refer to the curriculums plan for postgraduate program in ME.
Please refer to《Introduction to scheme of postgraduate program for academic degree in Zhejiang Normal University》.
Training mode and method
1.Clarify specific postgraduate training mode and method, put forward professional characteristic training measures; make it clear about the ways and forms of teaching methods and scientific research training.
2.The postgraduate education generally implement the tutor system, but also can take the combination collective training of tutor and the guide team. In order to strengthen technical exchanges with domestic and foreign universities, and strengthen cooperation between enterprises, the dean can hire outside experts for our college part-time master's tutor and mentor cooperation.
3.Teaching covers different directions of research and subjects include mechanical engineering, computerized intelligent control, Industrial Robot System Integration Technology, Advanced electromechanical testing technology, Fluid Dynamic technology, etc..
4.Combining theory with practice、putting same importance on learning and paper work、making classroom teaching and practice combined, so then let the graduate students master the basic method of the professional basic theory, professional knowledge and basic methods of scientific research, and they can have a certain amount of experimental skills, innovation ability and deal with production practice. Last focus on training and developing the comprehensive analysis ability of the graduate students.
5.Combine concentrated teaching and self-study. The forms of self-study: arrangement of reference books and submit self summary. Encourage graduate students to carry out reading, discussion and academic salon so as to improve their expressive ability, self-learning ability and writing ability.
The basic requirements of academic activities
Put forward specific requirements for graduate students to participate in academic seminars, academic reports and seminars and other academic activities.
During 3-year-study, students of this specialty must attend at least 10 academic activities (academic lectures, academic seminars, conferences and etc.), before the end of the school, it will be evaluated by the instructor.
The specific requirements of professional practice
The professional practice consists of centralized practice and segmented practice, according to the training program requirements, graduate students should formulate plans together with the tutor, and list the specific content of professional practice. After professional practice, graduate students should complete 1 Professional practice summary report that words cannot be less than 5000, and it should be communicated in this field.
Practice scores include five grades: excellent, good, medium, pass or fail, practice materials should be sent to the graduate office.
The ability and level of scientific research
Put forward the concrete scientific research ability and level requirements, and in accordance with the 《The implementing rules of graduate degree granting work in Zhejiang Normal University》 and other relevant provisions sets the graduate scientific research achievements during the 3-study - year.
(1) A professional sensitive to some problems in the society and economy and can have directional judgment of the current situation, development, characteristics and trend of those problems.
(2) Independently refer to domestic and foreign academic literature and write literature review on relative problems.
(3) Be able to produce literature review of issues in the process of inductive logic and abstraction and sublimation.
(4) Be able to research design and think independently, possess the basic ability of survey methods and research problems, and put forward some relatively mature views.
(5) Have relatively mature information processing, writing and presentation skills.
(6) During the period of graduate studies, students should be involved in a number of scientific research activities under the guidance of the coach, including some tutor or mentor group, undertake the task research. Before a master's degree in defense, the student should at least 1 article in the journal or declare formally and patented 1 piece. Degree thesis and degree conferment.
Degree thesis and degree conferment
Please refer to 《Format standard of postgraduate degree thesis in Zhejiang Normal University (revision)》.
2. Quality requirements
Degree thesis requires accurate topic, literature review, experiment data, logicality, conclusion and references. On the premise of thesis words, time arrangement such as opening report, mid-term review (or pre defense) and oral defense arranges.
(1) The degree thesis topic has reality or theoretical value, correct argument, scientific method, novel viewpoint, original opinion, strict logicality, complete structure, the elaboration of theory and policy perspectives can justify.
(2) The whole degree thesis should reflect the: “five points”, and can accurately summarized thesis topics (Research) involved the necessary basic theory, latest results and dynamic research state. The main content and main viewpoints can reflect the latest research results and innovation in this field, and reflect the actual level of postgraduates to discover problems, analyze and solve problems.
(3) A degree thesis requires about 30000~50000 words, the reference is no less than 50, which include foreign language no less than 10, with an open mind to accept the tutor or mentor group’s modifications.
(4) The opening of mid-term examination, pre defense and oral defense will be officially scheduled by the graduate Office.