|Duration of Study
Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.)
Ⅱ. Normal Period of Study
The major aims at cultivating comprehensive engineers and technical talents with basic theory
and knowledge of industrial engineering to engage in the job of planning, design, management,
control, consultation, evaluation, optimization and innovation for production and service system.
Students are expected to acquire the basic theory and knowledge of manufacturing
information, production management, logistics and supply chain management, complex life cycle
production operations management, control and cost analysis of products and systems to engage in
the production, operation and service management system analysis, planning, design, management
& control, quality control, evaluation and standardization.
Graduates should obtain knowledge and abilities as follows:
1. Engineering knowledge: Have the ability to apply mathematics, science, engineering
fundamentals, and expertise to solve complex engineering problems.
2. Problem Analysis: Have the ability to apply the basic principles of mathematics, natural
sciences and engineering science to identify, express and analyze complicated engineering
problems with literature research so as to obtain effective conclusions.
3. Design/Development Solutions: Have the ability to design solutions to complex
engineering problems, design production systems, units (components) or processes to meet
specific needs and to be innovative in design, taking into account social, health, safety, legal,
cultural and environmental factors.
4. Research: Have the ability to research on complex engineering problems based on
scientific principles and scientific methods, including experiments design, data analysis and
interpretations, and information synthesis for reasonable and effective conclusions.
5. Use of modern tools: Have the ability to develop, select and use appropriate technologies,
resources, modern engineering tools and information technology tools for complex engineering
problems, including prediction and simulation of complex engineering problems, and to
understand their limitations.
6. Engineering and Society: Have the ability to conduct a reasonable analysis based on the
background knowledge of mechanical engineering and industrial engineering to evaluate the
impacts of professional engineering practices and complex engineering problems solutions on society, health, safety, law and culture and to understand the responsibilities to be undertaken.
7. Environmental and sustainable development: Have the ability to understand and evaluate
the impact of engineering practices of complex engineering issues on environmental and social
8. Professional norms: Have a good quality of humanities and social sciences, a strong sense
of social responsibility, and the ability to understand and abide engineering ethics and norms as
well as to fulfill their responsibilities in engineering practice.
9. Individuals and teams: Have the ability to take on the role of individual, team member, and
principal in a multidisciplinary team.
10. Communication: Have the ability to communicate and exchange ideas with industry peers
and the general public on complex engineering issues, including writing reports and designing
drafts, making presentations, and expressing or responding to directives, and the ability of
cross-cultural communication and exchange with international perspectives.
11. Project management: Have the ability to understand and master the principles of project
management and economic decision-making, and apply them in a multi-disciplinary environment.
12. Lifelong learning: Have the awareness self-learning and lifelong learning, and the ability
to continuously learn and adapt to development.
Ⅴ. Core courses
Operations Research, Probability and Statistics, Microeconomics, Business Management,
Fundamental Industrial Engineering, Facilities Planning and Logistics Analysis, Human Factors
Engineering, Production Management and Control, Quality Management and Reliability, Product
Development Project Management, Cost Management, Enterprise Informatization, etc.