Environmental Science and Engineering
|Starting Date||September 2023|
|Tuition Fee:||18800 RMB/year|
|Duration of Study||4 Years|
|Application Fee||150 USD|
Ⅰ. Educational objectives and basic standards
The goal of this program is to train the students to develop in morality, intelligence and physique, and have the concept of sustainable development. Through these courses, the students will build a solid theory foundation of environmental science and engineering; will possess the knowledge of pollution control, such as water, air, solid and noise pollution control; will have the ability of pollution control design, environmental planning and environmental assessment; will be able to know the advanced developments, theories and technologies in research field of environmental science and engineering; will be qualified to do monitoring, design, management, education and research work in government departments (environmental protection, environmental planning etc.), industrial enterprises, research institutes, colleges; and will be talents, who are with continuous learning and innovation ability in environmental science and technology field.
2. Basic standards
(1) Knowledge: master mathematics, physics, chemistry and other scientific knowledge; grasp the basic theories and methods of environmental science and engineering; have necessary basic knowledge of engineering and humanities, social and economic management.
(2) Capacity: have knowledge and ability about analysis of environmental monitoring data, environmental pollution prevention and control, such as water, gas, and solid, environmental planning and management and so on; understand the frontier and the development of this major; have a primary ability to investigate, develop and design new products, new technologies, new processes and new equipment in the field of environmental engineering.
(3) Engineering quality: have basic training in experiment skills, engineering practice, computer application, scientific research and engineering design of environmental engineering, chemistry and chemical engineering; understand the national guidelines, policies and regulations for the project design, production, research and development, operation and management, planning and evaluation in the field of environmental engineering.
(4) Special requirements: have good humanistic literacy, team consciousness and ability in organization and coordination; have the concept of sustainable development; have care concept of protecting human health, maintaining ecological safety and improving environmental quality; have good professional ethics and norms.
Ⅱ. Abilities of the graduates
1. Have good humanities and social science accomplishment, strong sense of social responsibility and good professional ethics; be able to comply with professional ethics and fulfill their responsibilities in the work practice.
2. Have the knowledge of engineering, mathematics and natural sciences, and the ability to apply the knowledge in a multidisciplinary environment.
3. Have strong language skills and application ability, can carry out effective technical communication and international academic exchanges with industry peers and the public about complex engineering problems; have international vision and cross-cultural communication, competition and cooperation ability.
4. Enable to apply the basic principles of applied mathematics, natural science and engineering knowledge, to identify, express, and analyze complex environmental engineering problems through literature research.
5. Master the basic theory and knowledge of environmental engineering, have basic knowledge of engineering science, such as chemistry, chemical engineering, engineering mechanics, electrics and electronics, computer technology, engineering drawing and engineering management, understand the forefront and development trend of this major.
6. Master the professional knowledge of environmental chemistry, ecological environment, environmental monitoring and environmental planning and so on, enable to explore, investigate, find and solve complex environmental problems in the view of ecosystem, and have the ability of monitoring pollutants, detecting and analyzing pollutants in the process of environmental pollution control and environmental planning and management.
7. Gain the basic skills such as design, calculation, experiment, test, analysis and equipment operation, which are required for solving environmental engineering problems.
8. Have preliminary capabilities for scientific research and technology development, have innovation awareness and preliminary ability to research, develop and design new products, new processes, new technologies and new equipment.
9. Have basic ability of searching literature, querying data, and obtaining information by modern information technology, enable to select and use proper engineering tools to reasonably predict and simulate complex engineering problems.
10. Master the basic knowledge of project and engineering management, and have the ability of operation management.
11. Have the ability of organization and management as well as interpersonal skills, be qualified as leader or group member in a multidisciplinary team.
12. Have the ability to adapt to the development of environmental engineering technology, have correct understanding of lifelong learning and self-learning ability.
Age between 17-30 years old
1. ELIC 4 forms
Application Forms, Sponsorship Letter, CV, Letter of Guarantee
2. A passport photo
3. Scans of passport 1-8 pages (with information page)
4. Scans of High School Result/Transcripts (English Vision)
5. Scans of High School Certificate
6. Physical Exam Report
7. Sponsor's ID or Passport