1. Program Overview
International students undertaking this program will:
· Receive a thorough grounding in theoretical civil engineering and the application of those broad principles to practical research-based projects and/or industry-based projects;
· Develop a creative/solutions-based approach to key civil engineering challenges;
· Gain insights into the practical application of theory and creativity to major civil engineering projects in the pearl river delta;
· Consolidate their multicultural communication, teamwork, and management skills in the project team;
· Acquire, through theory and practice, cross-cultural literacy and, improved proficiency in English, and enhanced Chinese language skills.
2. Program Special Features
The program is a national leader and has contributed to the economic development of south China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Southeast Asia.
(1) It is geared to the standards of the international civil engineering industry.
(2) It is accredited as a Guangdong Province Brand Program.
(3) It has its own Guangdong Provincial Civil Engineering Experiment Teaching Demonstration Center.
(4) It offers entrepreneurship courses in Civil Engineering Industry.
3. Main Courses
Fluid Mechanics and Heat Transfer, Environmental Toxicology, Air Pollution Control Engineering, Environmental Monitoring, Solid Waste Treatment and Disposal, Environmental Engineering Microbiology, Water Pollution Control Engineering, Environmental Entrepreneurship Education, Chinese language, Chinese Culture.
4. Degree Awarded
Bachelor's Degree of Engineering
5. Career Prospects
Graduates will be equipped to contribute in the areas of civil engineering structure design, construction management, quality monitoring, technical consulting, and infrastructure project planning.
Employment Rate: 98.1%